Argomento: Kicad "Pads to Mask Clearance" settings

Kicad "Pads to Mask Clearance" settings
Hi,

I'd like to get my Kicad "Pads to Mask clearance" settings perfectly fine with your service.

I've been searching on the Internet, and every dimensions I find are above 0.1mm so far above your minimum specs. I'm sure you can handle ICs with 0.5mm pitch, so I want to get this perfectly right.

In the following, pcb-pool "specs" are referencing the document found at https://uk.beta-layout.com/pcb/technology/specifications/

As I understand, Kicad "Solder mask clearance" (`pad_to_mask_clearance` in the `.kicad_pcb` file) would be the dimension between a pad and a mask should comply to dimension in your specs "Soldermask D", standard: 0.3mm.
I'm not sure how this dimension can be a manufacturing limitation. Could you please explain why it can't be 0mm? Is it just about machining tolerance to make sure that the solder mask would't go over a pad? 0.3mm being the tolerance for which, if the solder mask would be offset to the copper to the maximum specs, would still keep a pad clean from solder mask?

As I understand also, Kicad "Solder mask min width" (`solder_mask_min_width` in the `.kipad_pcb` file) which is the minimum size of the solder mask, I guess to "stick" to the pcb, in your specs "Soldermask A", standard: 0.7mm

Could you please confirm or infirm those dimensions?

Thanks,

Raphael
12/12/2020 00:02:31
Kicad "Pads to Mask Clearance schrieb:

"Soldermask D", standard: 0.3mm.

Sorry, I meant 0.03mm

Kicad "Pads to Mask Clearance schrieb:

"Soldermask A", standard: 0.7mm

Sorry again, I meant 0.07mm

Thanks,